- 1/3 cup (70 ml) dark brown sugar (The Grainry)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh orange juice (any produce vendor)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) wildflower honey (Chilliwack River Valley Natural Honey Ltd)
- 1 medium ripe pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 slices (any produce vendor)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) crème fraîche (The Stock Market)
- 1/3 cup (70 ml) Coconut Cashews (The Nut Merchant)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh mint leaves (any produce vendor)
- Preheat grill over medium heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together brown sugar, orange juice, and honey until sugar has dissolved. Add pineapple slices, stirring to coat in brown sugar mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes allowing pineapple to marinate, tossing occasionally.
- Transfer pineapple from marinade to grill, reserving marinade. Cook pineapple, brushing occasionally with marinade, until lightly caramelized. Turn over, brush with marinade, and continue to grill until second side is lightly caramelized. About 6 minutes total.
- Serve warm pineapple with a drizzle of remaining marinade and a dollop of crème fraîche. Garnish with Coconut Cashews and a sprinkling of chopped mint.