- 4 to 6 cups (946 ml – 1.4 L) sliced or chopped persimmon fruit (any produce vendor)
- ¾ cup (175 ml) sugar, plus extra for garnish (The Grainry)
- ½ cup (125 ml) butter, melted (The Milkman)
- 2 large eggs (The Milkman)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract (South China Seas Trading Co.)
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour (The Grainry)
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) ground Ceylon cinnamon (South China Seas Trading Co.)
- 1 cup (250 ml) crème fraîche (The Stock Market)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar and melted butter, add eggs and vanilla, and stir until smooth. Stir in flour and cinnamon just until combined.
- Spread fruit in a 9-inch cast iron skillet and sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sugar. Pour cake batter over the fruit. Sprinkle with a little more sugar.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the cake is golden and the fruit is bubbling around the edges. Serve warm with a dollop of crème fraîche.