- ½ cup (125 ml) extra-virgin olive oil (Vancouver Olive Oil Co.)
- 1 Meyer lemon, zest and juice (any produce vendor)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Himalayan pink salt (The Grainry)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fennel seeds (The Grainry)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Apricot Honey Mustard (The Stock Market)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) liquid honey (Chilliwack River Valley Natural Honey)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) fresh thyme leaves (any produce vendor)
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed and fronds reserved (any produce vendor)
- 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (Jackson’s Poultry Co.)
- 1 cup (250 ml) heirloom cherry tomatoes (any produce vendor)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon zest and juice, salt, fennel seeds, mustard, honey, and thyme leaves.
- Cut fennel bulbs into quarters and then cut each quarter lengthwise, into 3 wedges. Place on a large baking dish or rimmed baking tray.
- Add tomatoes and chicken. Toss together with marinade until well combined. Arrange chicken so that it sits on top of fennel and tomatoes.
- Roast until chicken is cooked through and vegetables have softened, about 45 to 55 minutes. Garnish with reserved fennel fronds and serve while warm.