- 1/4 cup (60 ml) balsamic vinegar (Vancouver Olive Oil Co.)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) honey (Chilliwack River Valley Natural Honey Ltd)
- 2 cups (500 ml) cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered if large (any produce vendor)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) finely chopped red onion (any produce vendor)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) basil leaves, shredded, divided (any produce vendor)
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste (The Grainry)
- 1 container Serious Garlic Butter, melted (The Stock Market)
- 6 portobello mushrooms, stems removed (any produce vendor)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely grated Pecorino cheese (Benton Brothers Fine Cheese)
- 1/3 cup (70 ml) Lemon Tarragon Cashews, roughly chopped (The Nut Merchant)
- In a small saucepan, stir together balsamic vinegar and honey and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and allow mixture to simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool while making stuffed mushrooms.
- Place an oven rack in upper third of oven and turn on oven broiler.
- In a medium bowl fold together tomatoes, red onion, 2 tablespoons basil, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Brush each mushroom cap on all sides with Serious Garlic Butter and place hollow side up on a rimmed baking tray. Broil until just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Fill hollows of mushrooms with tomato mixture and sprinkle with pecorino cheese.
- Garnish with a drizzle of cooled balsamic glaze, remaining 1 tablespoon basil, and some Lemon Tarragon Cashews. Enjoy immediately.