- 1 English cucumber (any produce vendor)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) lime zest (any produce vendor)
- Juice of 2 limes (any produce vendor)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (any produce vendor)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) sea salt (The Grainry)
- 24 fresh oysters (Longliner Seafoods)
- 2 radishes, cut into thin julienne (any produce vendor)
- In a blender combine cucumber, lime zest, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, and salt until liquefied.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a loaf pan or pie plate and freeze, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Scrape frozen granita with a fork to break up ice crystals. Freeze for another hour and repeat freezing and scraping another three times. At this point, the granita will keep covered in the freezer for up to two weeks. Scrape to break up ice crystals before serving.
- Shuck oysters and place over crushed ice. Spoon about a teaspoon of granita over each oyster and sprinkle with a few pieces of radish. Enjoy immediately.