- 1 small seedless watermelon or 1/2 a large watermelon, seeded (any produce vendor)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) black salt (South China Seas)
- Wedge of lime (any produce vendor)
- Ice cubes
- 3 ounces (90 ml) tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces (45 ml) fresh lime juice (any produce vendor)
- 1 ounce (30 ml) fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) agave nectar (South China Seas)
- 1 bird’s eye chili, cut in half (South China Seas)
- Prepare watermelon juice by scooping watermelon flesh into a blender and pureeing until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to make margaritas, start by preparing the tumbler glasses. Pour black salt on a small, rimmed plate. Run a wedge of lime around the top of each glass. Dip the top of each glass into salt at a 45-degree angle and roll to coat rim of glass. Fill with ice cubes and set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice before adding tequila, lime juice, orange juice, 5 ounces of fresh watermelon juice, the agave nectar, and chili. Secure the lid and shake for 30 seconds. Taste and adjust sweetness with extra agave nectar, if desired. Strain into prepared glasses and enjoy.